This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780ti SLI worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 780ti SLI worth it?

User Info: Ruzz9

Ruzz9
3 years ago#1
I'll eventually get a 1440p or gsync monitor when they come out. Would SLI-ing my card be worth it in your guys opinion?
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#2
If you have the money sure why not, go wild
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
3 years ago#3
800 series is releasing end of summer
780ti was a good buy when a few months ago but at this point spending that much you might as well wait
i think it's nice

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
3 years ago#4
---- yeah it is.
FC= 3265-4867-8550

Ruzz9
3 years ago#5
I don't need the card ASAP but waiting a bit then buying a 2nd is what you're suggesting?

Also wait for gsync? Or get me a 120hz monitor to hold me over? (I have an ips and would love to try 120hz but crap colors scare me for game immersion)

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#6
I am thinking of that too. I don't think I buy 880 just because my 780 is still quite new. I am going to buy a second one once the price go down further, and I am also waiting for the new Asus 1440p monitor.

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
3 years ago#7
Nah, Id doubt youll getl ike $800-$900 use out of them. Youll use em for a year and want to upgrade to a Maxwell.

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#8
SonyHoundDawg posted...
Nah, Id doubt youll getl ike $800-$900 use out of them. Youll use em for a year and want to upgrade to a Maxwell.

You got anything to back that up? Seeing tho 780ti is the top of the food chain atm I don't see any reason for some with them to jumpship to maxwell top card. For like 4-8fps?
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|

Ruzz9
3 years ago#9
I already got a 780ti getting a 8 series would just be detrimental to SLI"ing. But does make sense for pricedrop. Now to decide on a monitor still :/

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#10
I suppose too early to swap out card to Maxwell, and my 780 is the Lightning. At least the price is starting to drop a little here. I would at least wait for Volta to upgrade.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 780ti SLI worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived