This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 years ago#11
It shouldn't be there. I think the autopistol is more than enough to level the playing field for controller users.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: samuraigaiden

samuraigaiden
2 years ago#12
In single-player, I think it's OK for people who want an easy-shooting mode. I don't use it, but I don't mind it's existence as much as I don't mind the fact games have an easy mode just because I don't use it.

For competitive mutiplayer games, it's a terrible idea IMO. If games like Titanfall feature it, I can only hope that some servers will leave it off, kind of like there are servers with Friendly Fire and servers without it.

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
2 years ago#13
lol titanfail already ruined.

User Info: Hanlo_is_back

Hanlo_is_back
2 years ago#14
I think I lasted 2 enemies in the first Half Life without turning it off
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
2 years ago#15
It'll be funny if someone made a mod that let you use the aim assist with a mouse
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#16
TropicMoon10 posted...
It'll be funny if someone made a mod that let you use the aim assist with a mouse

That's probably a pretty easy INI or memory hack away....
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
2 years ago#17
As long as it's not for KB/M, I guess I'm okay with it. The controller guys can use all the aim assists they want; they are still at a massive disadvantage when going up against guys using KB/M.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
2 years ago#18
anonymous46773 posted...
As long as it's not for KB/M, I guess I'm okay with it. The controller guys can use all the aim assists they want; they are still at a massive disadvantage when going up against guys using KB/M.

There will be a aim assist hack with KB/M within 72 hours or less.
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |

User Info: thebladeofwoe

thebladeofwoe
2 years ago#19
well I prefer KB&M for most games, but playing titanfall (after hearing about aim assist) I tried it, fun as F*** and works well, I was playing (just under) par my usual. so screw it, why not? its a fun game anyway... not meant to be serious.
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870 FS: Phanpy, nincada, diggersby

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
2 years ago#20
LOL. How about people not use inferior equipment unless they don't care about getting their ass handed to them? I think disabling all controller support is a better option than aim assist.

I was kinda interested in Titanfall but that's out the window if this is true.
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you feel about aim assist in PC FPS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived