This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who got Windows 8.1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who got Windows 8.1

User Info: DarkFlip22

DarkFlip22
3 years ago#1
I haven't update mine yet kind of nervous. Last Windows update I lost some of my files which I backed up luckily before performing the update itself.

8.1 was notified it was free to get so my question for anyone who has it, was there problems updating or after-updating to 8.1?

I'm going to look it up but feedback is always a big thanks.
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"

User Info: -GIN_n_JUICE-

-GIN_n_JUICE-
3 years ago#2
Everything fine on my end. Everything is still running just fine and I have lost nothing!
i5 4760k@ 4.1, EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked 4GB, ASUS Maximus VI Hero,G.Skill 8GB 1886, NZXT Phantom Red, Seasonic M12II-750
PSN: Live_Laugh_Lag_

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#3
Been working great since day one. Some games have a few monir bugs adjusting to it, but other than that, rock solid.
FX8350 oc'ed 4.8ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290| ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#4
Windows 8.1 runs fine.
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#5
8.1 is great and not a single issue.
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#6
8.1 is great
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer

User Info: ph33r1es5

ph33r1es5
3 years ago#7
Windows 8.1 skype conflicts with Dota 2. So you need to uninstall that and download regular skype. Other than that Windows 8.1 is good.
W8.1 [] Corsair 540 [] i5 4670k [] H100i [] GA-Z87X-D3H [] 16GB Dominator Platinum [] Vapor X 7950 [] Samsung 840 120GB [] 2x WD Blue 1TB [] HX650 V2
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those who got Windows 8.1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived