This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to make the right choice for video card 780 vs 290

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to make the right choice for video card 780 vs 290

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 years ago#11
If you're the type to overclock then a reference 780 will beat a reference 290x, let alone a 290, at 1080p, providing you don't get a lemon. Considering you can get a 780 for not much more than 280x's are going for I think the 780 is the clear choice for anything but 4k.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
2 years ago#12
PhilOnDez posted...
If you're the type to overclock then a reference 780 will beat a reference 290x, let alone a 290, at 1080p, providing you don't get a lemon. Considering you can get a 780 for not much more than 280x's are going for I think the 780 is the clear choice for anything but 4k.

Wow really, in the UK a 780 is just under the price of a 290X, not a 280X! A 290 is a fair bit cheaper than both.
===>>> http://www.garyjpaterson.deviantart.com <<<===

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 years ago#13
280xs are going for $420-480 in the US, last I checked anyway. Most 780s are around $500, a few are a few dollars below and a few more are higher. Pretty crazy how inflated they've gotten.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
2 years ago#14
Seems like the UK wasn't affected much, although in general prices are much higher anyway.
===>>> http://www.garyjpaterson.deviantart.com <<<===
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to make the right choice for video card 780 vs 290

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived