This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my build

User Info: AndehPandy

AndehPandy
3 years ago#1
I'm looking to play games on Ultra settings.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#2
SSD?
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#3
You should be able to play a majority of games on Ultra settings. Newer and demanding titles will struggle but should still be playable on high settings.

AndehPandy
3 years ago#4
r0ge00 posted...
You should be able to play a majority of games on Ultra settings. Newer and demanding titles will struggle but should still be playable on high settings.

What should i change that would benefit an increase in performance? i was aiming to go with a $700 dollar build but if it's a little over $700 thats fine.

AndehPandy
3 years ago#5
VIP86 posted...
SSD?

SSD's are so expensive though... :(

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 years ago#6
Great setup you got there man.

r0ge00
3 years ago#7
AndehPandy posted...
What should i change that would benefit an increase in performance? i was aiming to go with a $700 dollar build but if it's a little over $700 thats fine.

GPU would be your first choice, but you're not going to find anything that's going to blow it away for a similar or slightly higher price. I'm assuming you're not in the US because you can get a 7950 for a reasonable amount?

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#8
AndehPandy posted...
VIP86 posted...
SSD?

SSD's are so expensive though... :(

You never stated your budget. And they aren't so expensive anymore. You can get a nice 240gb ssd for around 130-140 bucks.
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

AndehPandy
3 years ago#9
r0ge00 posted...
AndehPandy posted...

GPU would be your first choice, but you're not going to find anything that's going to blow it away for a similar or slightly higher price. I'm assuming you're not in the US because you can get a 7950 for a reasonable amount?

what would you suggest?

r0ge00
3 years ago#10
AndehPandy posted...
what would you suggest?

Even if you step it up to a 780 Ti, you're not going to play some games on ultra. Get a bigger PSU and SLI/CF or live with high settings on most games. The difference isn't really that big.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived