This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth getting new motherboard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Worth getting new motherboard?

User Info: specter1717

specter1717
3 years ago#1
Right now I have a asus z87 plus. I have my 4770k overclocked to 4.6 right now. I am looking at getting either the maximus extreme or formula. Down the road I want to switch to watercooling my 780 tis when I am feeling brave. Plus I want to overclock my 4770k more if I can. Which would benefit me more? Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#2
It won't help with OCing since the VRM is located on the CPU die, not the mobo. If the new mobo has features you want/need that you don't currently have, then it might be something to look into.
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: specter1717

specter1717
3 years ago#3
Correct me if I am wrong. I thought some motherboards were better with overclocking than others. I can get my cpu up to 4.8 but its not stable at all. Plus I haven't messed with the voltage at all. The main reason I was looking at the extreme was the feature it had to overclock itself.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Worth getting new motherboard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived