This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate on razer's mechanical keys?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why the hate on razer's mechanical keys?

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#11
It's actually 0.3mm difference. What's the point? They didn't even lower the actuation force, my biggest gripe with the switches they use.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 years ago#12
Clouddx posted...
Lootman posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
Because it's Razer.

I like their headsets, keyboards, tablet and modular PC design.
(not their mice).
But apparently that opinion is wrong =_=

Their headsets are terrible as well as their keyboards, I can't speak for the tablet, but their mice(and only one of them) is the only redeeming thing Razer has left.

Hey, I picked up an Edge Pro, and it is legit quality with some great (overpriced and limited quantity) accessories. The keyboard dock is Razer's attempt at s***ting on fans of the thing, though.

I've never owned anything else by Razer, so I can't speak about the rest.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: SPINESHANK101

SPINESHANK101
3 years ago#13
Razer makes garbage peripherals. It's laughable that they talk about build quality.
Playing: Infamous 2
Next game on list: Uncharted 2

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#14
Conker posted...
Hey, I picked up an Edge Pro, and it is legit quality with some great (overpriced and limited quantity) accessories. The keyboard dock is Razer's attempt at s***ting on fans of the thing, though.

Razer is still trying to pull its whole accessory thing with some of its devices? I think that's the biggest joke of all. They pulled that with the Tarantula keyboard's "battle dock." It was just a glorified mini-USB port with a special mount. They claimed it was gonna have all sorts of add-on gadgets you could plug in there and it was going to be so useful. I *think* they might have actually released a light and a webcam for it before they dumped it. Razer doesn't have a spectacular history of supporting its products with accessories, so if you buy something based on the promise of accessories, well... just don't.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 years ago#15
KillerTruffle posted...
Conker posted...

Razer is still trying to pull its whole accessory thing with some of its devices? I think that's the biggest joke of all. They pulled that with the Tarantula keyboard's "battle dock." It was just a glorified mini-USB port with a special mount. They claimed it was gonna have all sorts of add-on gadgets you could plug in there and it was going to be so useful. I *think* they might have actually released a light and a webcam for it before they dumped it. Razer doesn't have a spectacular history of supporting its products with accessories, so if you buy something based on the promise of accessories, well... just don't.

Yeah, I'm just glad I only bought the Edge Pro + Docking Station (which still was $99 for essentially a hub for HDMI, 3 USB ports, Headphone jack, and a charging stand).

The $200 keyboard dock didn't even have backlighting, and some of the worst keys I've ever felt...which makes no sense since Razer is a damn peripheral company that makes keyboards. You'd think they could do better than a $100 iPad keyboard dock like Zagg makes or such.

The controller is cool, but not for $250. And they charge $70 for an extra battery to put into it. Pathetic!

The actually tablet has been awesome though. Considering I can play everything on it's native resolution, including FC3, Crysis 3, and other high end games with medium-high settings, it's pretty impressive.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why the hate on razer's mechanical keys?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived