This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any reason not to grab a GTX 660 as an upgrade?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any reason not to grab a GTX 660 as an upgrade?

User Info: Colonel_Romeo

Colonel_Romeo
3 years ago#11
How did you get the ram for 50$
FFXIV- Tadakatsu Honda of Gilamesh
50 brd, 50 mnk.

User Info: MykeisMayhem

MykeisMayhem
3 years ago#12
Colonel_Romeo posted...
How did you get the ram for 50$

It is actually this. Couldn't find it on PCPP. I got it for $50 like 2 months back. It's still 55 if you are in the market. Rebate though, if you don't like to mess with that.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8033819&csid=_61
Seahawks - Cavaliers - Buckeyes
Paul George OP

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
3 years ago#13
PhilOnDez posted...
Nothing major, but it'll depend on the game mostly. Minecraft, Starcraft 2, GTA IV, yeah, the CPU will bottleneck a bit. Witcher 2, modded skyrim, Crysis 3, the GPU will be what's struggling to keep up. Basically as much balance as you could really hope to get.

I have almost identical build(less ram, HDD and different case+PSU) and I havent find game(even ones you listed) that doesnt run 1080/60fps, though I do have my CPU OC'd to ~4,5ghz.

Only thing that doesnt run all that well are dolphin/pcsx2, but I really dont care since I own both consoles anyway.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD fx-6300 @ 4ghz, 4gb ram, palit geforce gtx 660, win7 Ultimate, chieftech 500w, Dell UltraSharp U2312HM IPS 23"-
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any reason not to grab a GTX 660 as an upgrade?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived