This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you upgrade your desktop speakers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you upgrade your desktop speakers?

User Info: daterxies

daterxies
3 years ago#1
I still have these logitech what started out as a 5.1 surround sound set now its just the two speakers and the sub.. but i bought these probably in 99 or 2000.. im wondering if a newer set of speakers will sound better? Im so used to these speakers ive had them for about 4 computer builds now i dont know if im actually missing out on sound quality!

Thoughts?

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#2
I only head headsets so I guess whenever they break?

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#3
Not often, and I don't like spending much.

Set 1. Labtec Spin 50 2.0, 2003 - 2011, one of them stopped working completely (or I wouldn't have replaced them).

Set 2. Logitech LS11 2.0, 2011 - 2013, weren't very good, buzzy when over half volume. Got sick of them.

Set 3. Wharfedale S20030 2.0, 2013 - ?, extremely cheap, but quite good. Hope they last for many years.

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
3 years ago#4
I went from Logitech 5.1 to KRK Rokit 8's with 10" Sub....the difference is unbelievable. Of course the KRK set up cost me $900 and the Logitech only set me back $125. The quality of the audio pumping out of the KRK's is just so damn clean. You hear new sounds from songs you've heard a million times, and it sounds so much better that you want to listen to your entire song library again. Playing a game like Battlefield is just dreamy.

If you upgrade now, I'd spend a little more, and make sure you got a decent sound card to go with it.

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
3 years ago#5
Not very often but I have a pretty decent set-up that doesn't warrant upgrading.

User Info: fatboy44

fatboy44
3 years ago#6
I use monitors for my home studio, so I don't really have "speakers" per say. I am looking to upgrade to these from my crappy Behringers at some point though:
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HS7-100-Watt-Series-Monitors/dp/B00CFOXHGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394315512&sr=8-1&keywords=yamaha+hs7

At $400-$1500 a pair for decent monitors I try to hang out to them as long as possible.
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio

User Info: member1982

member1982
3 years ago#7
When it breaks.. it's still working thou. I hardly use it but.
Asus P5Q\Intel Q9450 +Noctua D14|8GB DDR2, HD4850OC 1GB, 120GB OCZ, 1.5, 2TB, Win8.1x64P, Lian Li PC-A07A, Antec 550W, Dell 24", MacBook Pro 15" 06

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
3 years ago#8
fatboy44 posted...
I use monitors for my home studio, so I don't really have "speakers" per say. I am looking to upgrade to these from my crappy Behringers at some point though:
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HS7-100-Watt-Series-Monitors/dp/B00CFOXHGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394315512&sr=8-1&keywords=yamaha+hs7

Those look really nice. I would like some speakers like that that look nice like that but cheaper. Any recommendations?
At $400-$1500 a pair for decent monitors I try to hang out to them as long as possible.
So like. You wanna play?

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
3 years ago#9
been using some logitech 50 dollar speakers for a few years now.... it came with a little subwoofer and its not too bad... when i get my own house and dont have to worry about noise levels ill buy a new system with a bigger sub and more/better speakers

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
3 years ago#10
I upgraded last year.
Before that, the last time I upgraded was 1998.

So you can say I upgraded twice in about twenty years.
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you upgrade your desktop speakers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived