This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you upgrade your desktop speakers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you upgrade your desktop speakers?

User Info: Starks

Starks
3 years ago#21
Whenever the jack dies
i7 3632QM | Radeon 7730M | 8GB DDR3 | 15.6" 1080p Matte

User Info: MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR
3 years ago#22
I haven't upgraded mines, but I probably will on my next complete upgrade. It's only better usually if you're willing to shell out more money,
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#23
I don't remember the last time I've used desktop speakers. Maybe 10 years ago? When I used to use actual speakers, I just hooked it up to my home receiver. My setup though is having the computer as the main entertainment center, I hook up my TV in dual monitors above my monitor and use it for video while I surf the web on the monitor, so I can use the receiver for the audio or the TV speakers or a set of headphones. Then I can just switch the inputs on the TV between computer, cable, and PS3 ( or as I call it, the expensive blu ray player ).
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#24
I only have basic speakers and invest in a headphone instead. They barely get any use.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: samurai1900

samurai1900
3 years ago#25
I think it was two to four years between each upgrade before.

2.0 -> 2.1 -> 5.1 -> 7.2

Next upgrade would alone be 2500 with a new AV-receiver for a 11.2 surround setup, and maybe 1500-2000 for the additional loudspeakers.

But before that, I need my own house built first so I can have the quality room for such a setup.
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#26
foodeater4 posted...
Just when they brake.

Do they usually go too fast?

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 years ago#27
I went from a Klipsch 4.1 to a Logitech Z5500's

After that, never bothered to upgrade.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#28
Currently using Bose Companion 5, I have been using it for 2 years now. Previously using Altec Lansing VS4221 which I have used for 6 years or so since my university years.
In addition, I have a pair of Thonet & Vander Kugel as a makeshift ipod/3DS 'dock' (well, not a dock at all)

I guess I upgrade because I am starting not to get satisfied with the sound. I used to be a basshead, but then, I took an arrow in the knee, i mean my ears get better and I want something more accurate and not boomy.

My next upgrade? Probably a DIY home theater with bookshelf speakers and external amp. $2500 perhaps? I don't know the price.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you upgrade your desktop speakers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived