This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new game!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new game!

User Info: epicmatchchamp

epicmatchchamp
3 years ago#1
So I finally have a pc capable of playing real games! I am wondering what game I should get from steam and I would love a good rpg that isn't skyrim. I noticed they have the Arkham games and witcher 2 on there. I am just curious what game you guys would recommend.
*Nod*- Minato (Persona 3 main character)
GT:Urshado0

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
3 years ago#2
Witcher 2 is a good start if you're interested. Starts a little slow but picks up.

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
3 years ago#3
Trine has level mechianic, though the game isn't an RPG per se. It's also like 99 cents on steam right now. the sequel is 2.99 i think and comes with all of the DLC.

you should also look into indie bundles. They get you a bunch of games for really cheap. Some bundles(like some of the Groupees ones) give you either other stuff(like music, comics or ebooks), or a combination of two or more of each category. Though sometimes they have andriod bundles(at least Humble Bundle does. not sure about iOS games). For example:

Bundle stars(9 games for $3.50):
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fusion-bundle/

Groupees(4 games and a bunch of music for $1)
http://groupees.com/clash1

Some bundles(like Groupees and Humble Bundle) have unlockables or mystery games. Groupees usually one at a time once a tier(usually by total sales or bundles bought) is unlocked. HB unlocks it after a set amount of time is passed(i believe a week). At least HB used to do that.
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC

User Info: Sienrurouni

Sienrurouni
3 years ago#4
Get Mount and Blade Warband. You'll thank me.

It's an open world rpg where you can play as a vassal in one of several king's armies and/or start up on your own and try to take over the world. It's awesome and addicting.
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
3 years ago#5
TITANFALL
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#6
Sienrurouni posted...
Get Mount and Blade Warband. You'll thank me.

It's an open world rpg where you can play as a vassal in one of several king's armies and/or start up on your own and try to take over the world. It's awesome and addicting.

This

and as I always say, get this and come back to us after a thousand hours then we will start talking about mods which would give you a thousand hours more.

My other suggestion is Civilization V
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

User Info: iXCeeD

iXCeeD
3 years ago#7
A Good RPG that is non-Skyrim looks like you grew up with final fantasy games and other handheld, console RPG. I would say Kingdoms of Amalur but there are a lot of dull moments but has a good skill system. The Divinity Games has good storytelling, and you may want to check Dishonored. And there are a lot of indie games that are good if that's your thing

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
3 years ago#8
Dark Souls all day.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new game!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived