This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the point of giving my pc the best gpu?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is the point of giving my pc the best gpu?

User Info: Nightshift1983

Nightshift1983
3 years ago#1
Because I had an alienware x51 with a gtx 660 and that ran all the games up to battlefield 3 which I last played on ultra? Why would anyone want anything better?
The glass is half empty.

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#2
because bf3 is nearly 3 years old?
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png

User Info: hk7111

hk7111
3 years ago#3
There really isnt, Unless you're running a Res higher than 1080P or a 120hz monitor.
3ds FC for Pokemon is 2680 9258 2964 Name is Ethan
i5-3570k 4.5Ghz | Asrock Extreme4 | R9 280X Dual-x Xfire with Xfx 7950 DD ghost | 1tb hdd | 16Gb Ddr3.

User Info: specter1717

specter1717
3 years ago#4
Robin 47 is a terrible movie. The only thing it got right was the names. Everything else Hollywood just did whatever they wanted. Adding a white guy with special powers and the teng and the witch was all hollywood. But whatever samurai are probably one of the worst melee armies ever

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#5
A better "worst case scenario" for performance, the ability to use higher settings while maintaining performance, ability to use higher resolutions....the list goes on. I have a 660 and it's a solid card, but there are a few games where a little more performance would be nice - I'm not compelled to run out and buy a new card yet, but in another year or two I'll probably upgrade.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#6
Nightshift1983 posted...
Because I had an alienware x51 with a gtx 660 and that ran all the games up to battlefield 3 which I last played on ultra? Why would anyone want anything better?

Do you want to run the games of tomorrow at 60fps?
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#7
Try the same with with Battlefield 4. With max AA. At 1440p. 120hz.

There ya go!

I run 2x 660's and they run well at 1440p, but I still can't hit 120hz :(
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#8
Why would I want a car a skateboard has four wheels too

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
3 years ago#9
If you don't know, you shouldn't upgrade.
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D

User Info: my_name_is_Ed

my_name_is_Ed
3 years ago#10
TimePharaoh posted...
Why would I want a car a skateboard has four wheels too

Skateboard doesn't have a combustion engine.

A better comparison would be "why would i want a lexus when my pinto does the same thing"
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
"Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is the point of giving my pc the best gpu?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived