This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to water cool whole system. Need help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Want to water cool whole system. Need help

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#11
First step TC, you'll need at least a grand to even get started, you can do for less, but less = crap.

Do you have a grand?

Hell, the blocks and backplate for those $780 Ti will set you back $250 just for that.
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant

User Info: mogexpress1

mogexpress1
3 years ago#12
surround computer with a bag of ice
replace ice when it melts
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money

User Info: Cllerj

Cllerj
3 years ago#13
mogexpress1 posted...
surround computer with a bag of ice
replace ice when it melts

I did that but it fried my PC. What do?
PSN-cllerj
I will not follow your little "honor" rules, it's a video game.

User Info: specter1717

specter1717
3 years ago#14
You know I thought building a computer was gonna be impossible at first too. I watched a couple build guides and said hey I could do this. So I went out and put myself together the computer I always wanted. So yea I have the resources and the patience to make this happen. I just need some guidance

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#15
Don't forget to water cool your Ram. Gotta get a ramsink for that... your motherboard is the one with built in water cooling isn't it?

Can't forget the hard drive blocks either.
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#16
specter1717 posted...
You know I thought building a computer was gonna be impossible at first too. I watched a couple build guides and said hey I could do this. So I went out and put myself together the computer I always wanted. So yea I have the resources and the patience to make this happen. I just need some guidance

Go here

http://www.overclock.net/f/61/water-cooling

List the parts you want to cool, also draw a diagram of what you're trying to do, with that much and going based on that case, you're probably looking at a 360 radiator in the front, 240 on top w/ 2 D5 Pumps, probably need to mod the case a bit and install the res on the other side of the case, Res above pump to help bleed, install T Valve for draining, yada but they'll help you design it and steer you better than anyone here probably.
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
3 years ago#17
Get a few refrigerator units (NOT household ones, just ones for general cooling), build a waterproof compartment inside them, get it does to below -5 degrees F (to be safe) fill it with butane, and put your machine in.

Done and done.
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Want to water cool whole system. Need help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived