This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Laptop GPU ???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Laptop GPU ???

User Info: Marshall_Law

Marshall_Law
3 years ago#1
I have two amd 6990m in my laptop and don't get me wrong I can still play whatever I want to play but the amd cards have just bee agrivating as hell for me and I want something new.

My question is where can I order laptop GPUs? And what would be a good upgrade in thr nvidia family?
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69

Marshall_Law
3 years ago#2
Actually I just found that I can order a nvidia 680m gtx 4gb gddr5 from the company I bought my laptop from but is that an upgrade? And how much ?
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
3 years ago#3
I would check to see if you can install a new GPU. I can't on mine unless I change the motherboard with it (Alienware m14 x r2) Which would be a waste of money IMO.

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#4
I don't think you can change from an AMD GPU to a NVIDIA GPU in a laptop. The average price for a new 2gb 680m is around $600.00 I've seen them cheaper used. I haven't been able to find what a 4gb version costs. Its generally not worth it to upgrade a laptop gpu.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112

User Info: jakeDiLLa

jakeDiLLa
3 years ago#5
how exactly have they been "agrivating as hell" just out of curiocity
Toronto Raptors fan for life. Best game of all time: Deus Ex: Invisible War. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#6
AMD crossfire drivers for laptop gpu's are pretty horrid.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112

Marshall_Law
3 years ago#7
Took the words out my mouth...

Marshall_Law
3 years ago#8
The 4gb kit costs 699 from the company that built mine I did find out that the heat sink takes up all the room so I can only use one. I have the Clevo p180hm case if anyone cares

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
3 years ago#9
jakeDiLLa posted...
curiocity
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Laptop GPU ???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived