This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would I be better off getting...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would I be better off getting...

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#11
No build one yourself posts yet? Wow. Let me be the first then.

Build one yourself. Especially if you're thinking about modifying/upgrading a prebuilt.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
3 years ago#12
If you're buying a desktop it's always better to build it yourself. Also the Lenovo is not a great computer for gaming. It has a way overkill CPU and RAM but a relatively average graphics card.
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#13
The 4770k is the CPU I would choose if I was building right now regardless of budget (providing the budget allowed for it without cutting corners elsewhere of course). It outperforms the 3930k/4930k in most games. The only two I can name off the top of my head where the 6 core processors come out ahead are BF4 and Crysis 3. Those two games run on 8 threads so 6 fast cores (plus hyperthreading) is obviously going to beat 4 slightly faster cores (again with hyperthreading). Most modern games, however, utilize 2-4 threads and virtually all older games only use 1 which puts the 4 slightly faster cores at an advantage.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: killa1096

killa1096
3 years ago#14
If I should build one myself, what are the absolute BEST specs I should get? (Not on a budget).

User Info: Brutal_Felix

Brutal_Felix
3 years ago#15
killa1096 posted...
If I should build one myself, what are the absolute BEST specs I should get? (Not on a budget).

You don't want to know tbh
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013

User Info: smelly_boob

smelly_boob
3 years ago#16
killa1096 posted...

start here for build help

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

User Info: YOeastonYO

YOeastonYO
3 years ago#17
smelly_boob posted...
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

lolz

User Info: killa1096

killa1096
3 years ago#18
Never mind. Just thought of a build myself, just need to know if it will be able to run brand new games and games coming in the next few years. Specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670k
Motherboard: MSI z87-G55
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz low profile
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU II (going to overclock probably once I figure out how to when I build this)
Case: Corsair Carbide series 200r
Boot Drive: Western Digital Black 500gb Hard Drive
Optical Drive: OEM DVD Drive
PSU: Antec EA-550 Platinum Efficient PSU

If a part won't do the trick, please let me know what part and what I should replace it with.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#19
That's an OK mid-range build. Suggest you get a better video card (think GTX 770 at a minimum) and consider an SSD in addition to the hard drive.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#20
LOL. TC says he's not on a budget.

Next post TC proposes a build with a 660 in it.

Good times, PCH. Good times.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would I be better off getting...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived