This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

random Internet explorer issue..?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. random Internet explorer issue..?

User Info: easycompany68

easycompany68
3 years ago#1
So I took a break from my PC for about 2 days while i was working on my new PC. Just decided to get back on it and for some random reason IE wont work?

Firefox does, no problem but when i open IE and then type in a page, nothing works?lol

It just does nothing..not even "thinking" or loading.. just nothing...

Any ideas?

PS.. the last time i was on the PC I had hard shut down by mistake (pulled out the power cord).. But everything else is fine?

User Info: MadMadMark

MadMadMark
3 years ago#2
After the latest windows update the other day my IE stopped working just like your symptoms and I found out that Google tool bar was the culprit.
Try going into Control Panel /Internet options/Programs/Manage Add-ons and disable Google Tool bar if you have it or just reset in Advanced option then see if it works.
I even uninstalled Google tool bar and downloaded the latest version but I cannot get IE to work with it now no matter what I try.
So I just go without now.

User Info: squarenixfan119

squarenixfan119
3 years ago#3
Add/Remove Programs -> Turn Windows features on/off -> Uncheck IE.

All problems solved forever
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2705976737.png

easycompany68
3 years ago#4
Thanks for the reply..

Can either of you give me the exact path to disabling Google toolbar? Im running windows 7. I can't seem to find either of the paths your suggesting..

Edit: I don't want to remove or stop you IE. I prefer it and also have tons of favorites in it so removing or not using IE isn't my number one choice if possible.

easycompany68
3 years ago#5
MadMadMark posted...
After the latest windows update the other day my IE stopped working just like your symptoms and I found out that Google tool bar was the culprit.
Try going into Control Panel /Internet options/Programs/Manage Add-ons and disable Google Tool bar if you have it or just reset in Advanced option then see if it works.
I even uninstalled Google tool bar and downloaded the latest version but I cannot get IE to work with it now no matter what I try.
So I just go without now.

Did the reset thing..found it.. worked great, everything is back to normal..

thanks so much : )

User Info: promo123

promo123
3 years ago#6
Your first issue is that you're using Internet Explorer.
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#7
copying your favourites to firefox takes about 8 seconds

and if you havent used it before it will do it automatically on first boot
^ this
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. random Internet explorer issue..?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived