This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this Laptop any good for gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this Laptop any good for gaming?

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
2 years ago#1
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-17-laptop-silver-amd-quad-core-a10-5750m-1tb-hdd-12gb-ram-windows-8-1-17-e184ca/10283089.aspx?path=67b33cc47cbd19cfb45147b3c526e7a1en02

I already have a pretty decent desktop but I have to buy a new Laptop now. I will continue to use my desktop for the heavier stuff but I prefer mobility. Could this play games such as Minecraft with HD textures enabled maxed out. Or how owuld it fair with the likes of say, Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn.

Thanks for your time. If you know of a Laptop in the 650-700 price range that is a better pick please link me to it.
3DS FC : 0688-5265-1189
PSN: Alksheperd

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 years ago#2
lol

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
2 years ago#3
You want portability but are interested in a 17" laptop? I hate bulky laptops.

This would be infinitely better if it was in stock: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231001

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
2 years ago#4
That processor is lacking a bit imo, but it should work for games that don't demand too much...

You should aim for 3.2ghz or better me thinks.
PSN: darkus_f NNID: darkus_fer 2DS: 0447-5073-6549
NP: Pokemon Y, Dragon Age O, Mass Effect 2

User Info: PharohofLaptops

PharohofLaptops
2 years ago#5
No laptops are good for gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this Laptop any good for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived