This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

recommend me a new GeForce gpu based off my current gpu

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. recommend me a new GeForce gpu based off my current gpu

User Info: Muintir

Muintir
3 years ago#1
trying to record gaming from my pc and I have 2 options. 1 get a capture card (know nothing about) or get a new gpu thats nvidia geforce so I can use shadowplay. I already have fraps but the file sizes from recording are rediculously big. I use a hauppauge to record my console gaming and an hour of recording is under 5gb in size where FRAPs uses that much space for a couple minutes of footage. The image quality of both is basically the same.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card right now and run all current games on high - ultra settings. I know nothing about pc parts so what should I got with? new gpu for shadowplay or a capture card? Whats going to give me small file sizes like the hauppauge? Something under $150 please

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
3 years ago#2
750ti
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: Jprime666

Jprime666
3 years ago#3
I'm confused. Are you trying to record PC or console? Since you already have a hauppauge, why are you talking about buying a capture card?

Anyway. Dxtory is a much better program than fraps.
Stay away from the Summoner!

User Info: Muintir

Muintir
3 years ago#4
sry if my post was confusing. I have a hauppauge 1212 that came with a dongle to record console footage. I dont have a analog port on my pc so im not able to hook it up for recording whats on the pc without investing in one. I figure if im investing in something than why not invest in a better gpu that will also allow me to record pc footage.

Also how do I know if my motherboard or the rest of the pc can handle a stronger gpu?

User Info: Jprime666

Jprime666
3 years ago#5
What you need to worry about here is if your PSU can handle a 750ti. Although my understanding is that the 750ti doesn't require much power.

I could be entirely wrong though. So you'll need to look into this yourself, or wait for someone else to do it for you.
Stay away from the Summoner!

User Info: Ep1taph303

Ep1taph303
3 years ago#6
Open Broadcast Software is what I'd recommend.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. recommend me a new GeForce gpu based off my current gpu

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived