This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of building my first computer......

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thinking of building my first computer......

User Info: Falco222

Falco222
3 years ago#1
I've always been looking into building my own comp(I just have an old laptop from my college days) and while I was talking to my friend about it he said he would sell me his GTX 670 for 230$, worth? I'm not very up to date about computers these days but looking at prices this seems like a good deal.

With this card could I build a solid gaming machine with 400-500$ left to spare? Or is it worth it to go a bit higher for better future upgrade potential? Not including monitor and keyboard/mouse.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies :)
not caring

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#2
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3jmTN

Something I threw together. Not too sure on the CPU/Motherboard since I haven't looked into AMD CPUs but I've heard the 6300 is enough for a budget build. If you could spend about 650 for the rest I'd go with this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3jn0r
3DS: 5472-7481-8922

User Info: Falco222

Falco222
3 years ago#3
Wow thanks for the fast response. I've been doing a lot of research and learning as much as possible since I have a lot of catching up to do. Thank you so much, this will help as I piece together my potential build.
not caring

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#4
No problem. Also 230 is a good price for a 670.
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thinking of building my first computer......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived