This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What GTX card should I get? Canadian.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What GTX card should I get? Canadian.

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
3 years ago#1
Howdy! So my 660TI SC totally burnt out today. I took it out to dust and what not and was careful with it.. It looks burnt all around.

I'm assuming EVGA super clocked the card and it just had a short lifespan or something because of it.

Anyway, now I'm looking at cards and I really don't know what to get. A 660 TI is better than a 670 right?

What about a 760? Spec wise my 660TI SC actually out did the 760 a bit and these new cards are all expensive.

Got my 660ti SC for like $280 before... Everywhere I look a regular 660TI is like $320.
All we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357

User Info: turbovirgin

turbovirgin
3 years ago#2
Performance wise it goes 670 > 760 > 660 ti, though the 760 and 660 ti are probably quite comparable.

Are you certain your 660 ti isnt under warranty? My Evga card has a three year warranty

If not you can get 760 for around $300 or a 270x for $270
Heads on straight, my girlfriend's beautiful, looks pretty good to me

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#3
turbovirgin posted...
Performance wise it goes 670 > 760 > 660 ti, though the 760 and 660 ti are probably quite comparable.

Are you certain your 660 ti isnt under warranty? My Evga card has a three year warranty

I got my 770 GTX for a little over $300, you can get a 760 for as little as $240.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: turbovirgin

turbovirgin
3 years ago#4
^im sure in the US you can but in Canada the cheapest 770's start at $350

760's I was a little off, I see decent ones for $270 on pcpartpicker
Heads on straight, my girlfriend's beautiful, looks pretty good to me

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#5
Gmoney- posted...
Howdy! So my 660TI SC totally burnt out today. I took it out to dust and what not and was careful with it.. It looks burnt all around.

I'm assuming EVGA super clocked the card and it just had a short lifespan or something because of it.

Anyway, now I'm looking at cards and I really don't know what to get. A 660 TI is better than a 670 right?

What about a 760? Spec wise my 660TI SC actually out did the 760 a bit and these new cards are all expensive.

Got my 660ti SC for like $280 before... Everywhere I look a regular 660TI is like $320.

See if you can RMA the card.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: easycompany68

easycompany68
3 years ago#6
Clouddx posted...
turbovirgin posted...

I got my 770 GTX for a little over $300, you can get a 760 for as little as $240.

Depends on the manufacturer.. I went with the EVGA overclocked version and I got it on special with tax and shipping for $400.. been watching them for about 2months and that was the cheapest.

If you go with zotac or other brands you can maybe get it for 300-350ish...

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
3 years ago#7
Quote:Gmoney- posted...

@DarkZV2Beta

RMA?
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#8
Gmoney- posted...
Quote:Gmoney- posted...

@DarkZV2Beta

RMA?

Return Merchandise Authorization.
Contact EVGA, tell them your card popped, and then send it in for a replacement.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
3 years ago#9
EVGA cards usually have a 3 year warranty. You register the card and get a new one for free if it breaks, well maybe just shipping cost. IN your case with a 660tbeing an older card, they might not have then anymore so you might get a 760 instead. Hopefully you registered or still have a way to get a receipit if you ordered online.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What GTX card should I get? Canadian.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived