This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best CPU for a mini ITX system? (Temperatures)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best CPU for a mini ITX system? (Temperatures)

User Info: Cruzader619

Cruzader619
3 years ago#11
could you be not a jerk and just give it to your mother? its not like talking care of you while growing up was free >_>
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
3 years ago#12
Get the haswell, the whole heat issue is barely an issue. If your doing a standard overclock the CM212 or notcuria or whatever the heck there called will keep it plenty cool.

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 years ago#13
Cruzader619 posted...
could you be not a jerk and just give it to your mother? its not like talking care of you while growing up was free >_>

There is nothing in the world that is more selfish than a parent that thinks their child owes them anything because of the choice they made to have them and make it their life's responsibility, before a kid can even breathe.

With that said, giving your mom a computer that is reasonably worth what she would have to pay is a nice thing to do, but if you have a high-end PC that you put a lot of money into that she would never buy otherwise, then I think it's reasonable to help out towards a replacement to some capacity...otherwise, just keep it and get her something within the budget she wants to spend.

This is also coming from someone that gave my mom a $1500 HDTV when I got a replacement and asked for nothing in return, and also paid my mom some money as "rent" when I moved back in and worked for a year after college. I did it as a kind gesture when she didn't even need the money, but I also by no means think someone is a jerk if they aren't in a position to simply give away money they weren't inclined to spend otherwise.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#14
Cruzader619 posted...

If I was in a better place financially, I would. Sadly, I can't.

Would it be better if I didn't even offer to sell mine to her and just offered to build her one that she pays for?

I think some of you are thinking I'm building a new PC anyway, so I'm selling mine to my mother. No, that's not what's happening. She wants a new computer. She's going to buy one anyway. I wasn't planning to build a new one for myself, and still am not unless she decided option 1, to buy my computer instead of buy a different lesser computer. IF she wants mine, then I'll build a smaller system, not even a better system, just smaller. IF she doesn't, then I'll build her a new system. I'm having a hard time understanding why this makes me a jerk.

So, any time a family member says,"Hey, I need a new computer system. Can you help me?" I'm supposed to just say,"Here! Take mine for nothing and I'll buy myself another $1000 system. What can I say? You're family! It's on me!!"

Yeah, nobody does that unless they're rich.
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best CPU for a mini ITX system? (Temperatures)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived