This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for help on getting a new gaming laptop!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for help on getting a new gaming laptop!

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#11
nimatoda666 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
No more suggestions for you. Go away gaming laptop peasant.

Lawlz sorry man that I travel and go to college so I need something that can travel with me. I guess if there are no more suggestions then I will go with the sager since price is not really an issue and I assume it's better then the 1400 one.

It's way better than the MSI one.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: PharohofLaptops

PharohofLaptops
2 years ago#12
>Gaming
>Laptop

Pick one.

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
2 years ago#13
nimatoda666 posted...
pitt12177 posted...
No more suggestions for you. Go away gaming laptop peasant.

Lawlz sorry man that I travel and go to college so I need something that can travel with me. I guess if there are no more suggestions then I will go with the sager since price is not really an issue and I assume it's better then the 1400 one.

Oh wow, college. That's awesome, bro. I don't think I've ever seen one of those.. oh wait.. 16 billion people have degrees.

Get a gaming PC and learn not to play games and use a tablet when you're on the go. Dropping 2 grand to play WoW during your class doesn't do anything but make you cry when you don't have a job with your Liberal Arts degree.

pitt12177
2 years ago#14
Also, Jesus Christ doesn't and never existed. Just think about that one.

Have a good day.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#15
pitt12177 posted...
Also, Jesus Christ doesn't and never existed. Just think about that one.

Have a good day.

Nope
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
2 years ago#16
pitt12177 posted...
Have a good day.

Take the stick out of your butt kid, don't post if you're just going to throw out useless insults.
Rock Me Amadeus!! -Falco Lombardi

pitt12177
2 years ago#17
Bloodychess posted...
pitt12177 posted...
Have a good day.

Take the stick out of your butt kid, don't post if you're just going to throw out useless insults.

Board User Level 32: Legend
Awarded to users with at least 250 Karma.
Account Created Sunday, April 3, 2011 9:33 PM

You're a youngin, hoss. One day I will teach you the ways of space magic but it is not today, Timmy. For you are a dwarf seed amongst a colony of faces.

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
2 years ago#18
Just an icon, that's it?

User Info: nimatoda666

nimatoda666
2 years ago#19
Hahaha man I am sorry if something bad happened that is causing you lash out on an internet site. If you need to talk, please pm me because i would love to help, you truly do not sound happy. I have been pleasant and after being diagnosed with colon cancer and needing serious surgery to become healthy again i don't believe you have a reason to be that angry. Again, thank you for everyone who has helped me thus far. This was a friendly topic that has been hijacked by one troll and i apologize that my thread has turned into this. If anyone else has suggestions i would love to hear them.

To the poster about gaming and laptops and pick one, i know desktops are superior, however with my alienware i have gamed a lot until it is simply too old now, and i believe with this sager that i will run games well. I agree that probably an 800 dollar and below laptop would not be conducive to gaming, however a 2000 dollar laptop should be able to game well.

Also out of curiosity why a liberal arts degree? I am getting a business degree in supply and logistics and already have a job that pays very well, which is why 2000 dollars for a laptop is really nothing.

Again i appreciate all the help and support in your guys' suggestions.
We all share the miracle of Life, so ENJOY IT! The Book of Mormon changed my life, i believe it will change yours. Pray.Share love.Cry.Think.Laugh. LDS.org!

User Info: overkillwfo1978

overkillwfo1978
2 years ago#20
I am seriously considering this:

http://www.amazon.com/Dominator-895-4700MQ-Diamond-Thermal-Compound/dp/B00ITW3I14

... and having them customize it by throwing an SSD in it for the operating system.

That Sager is nice but a couple of things about it make me drop it from consideration.

1) The screen is smaller.

2) It costs almost $600 more for exactly how much better performance? The processor is better in the Sager and the 880m is a step up from the 870m but in most benchmarks I've seen the difference between the two usually results in a 10-15% performance increase in the 880m. Is that worth $600? Not to me it's not.
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for help on getting a new gaming laptop!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived