This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting a new mobo, i5 v 8350 question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting a new mobo, i5 v 8350 question

User Info: Boge

Boge
2 years ago#11
Intel chips are faster. However, if you have an 8350 already, spending $220 or more for an intel chip isn't worth it. And DX12 isn't going to be used for quite a while, at least not required. Just get an AMD board, use the 8350 for a few years, then go for whatever is the best at that time. The 8350 will suit you just fine until then.
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 years ago#12
0ReapeR0 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
At this point in time with dx12 on the way I would invest in the i5. Idr the model numbers off the top of my head but the unlocked 4 core is plenty good. If you can afford it go for the 4770k. It will have higher resale too.

Only reason I say that is because dx12 is supposed to start actually using the cpu in games. A amd chip could hold you back..maybe not..

If you have the money why not, maybe look into a new 290 graphics card..pc gaming is awful when you have to build mid tier systems imo.

If you mean 4770k that's the i7 which is around $500 which is a bit pricey for me, unless you mean the 3570k I think it is

A 4770k for 500? Where are you shopping at? They should be like 300-330 max.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting a new mobo, i5 v 8350 question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived