This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your favorite PC game that's NOT regarded as a classic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your favorite PC game that's NOT regarded as a classic?

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
2 years ago#41
Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Everyone always sings the praises of HoMM3, but I just love the 2nd and its expansion more.
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 years ago#42
YoungAdultLink posted...
Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Everyone always sings the praises of HoMM3, but I just love the 2nd and its expansion more.

I'd say for myself, Civilization II: Test of Time fits that same thing. It's my all-time favorite Civ game, but most people rave about the others, like IV.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: That1Guyy

That1Guyy
2 years ago#43
KillerTruffle posted...
Any time conversations about mech games come up, MW4 is almost *always* mentioned - MW4: Mercenaries, specifically. It's pretty much considered the epitome of mech games by most people I've seen.

Every time I see mech talk it's always Armored Core or Gundam.

YoungAdultLink posted...

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is my favorite of the series. The hated black sheep.
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.

User Info: CaioNV

CaioNV
2 years ago#44
Hard Reset.
GRABBIN' PEELZ! http://i.imgur.com/LkSWXBA.jpg
Promised to never necro-bump again on 16/2/2014.

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
2 years ago#45
Two Worlds.

Hate on, haters. I played the entire way through and had fun.
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU

User Info: the_dracolich

the_dracolich
2 years ago#46
BendoHendo posted...
Dungeon Siege I + II

These and

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Sacred
Alien Shooter: Vengeance
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.

User Info: Animorganimate

Animorganimate
2 years ago#47
Eric the Unready would be my first choice (a text-adventure game released in 1993). It's still, by far, the funniest game I have ever played, and is the ultimate geek-culture parody (mainly being a fantasy spoof, but there's also plenty of sci-fi references, as well as movie nods, and Monty Python humor, etc).

A second choice would be King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (released in 1992). I know there's tons of "better" point-and-click-adventures out there (all of which I love), but KQ6 has always been at the top of my list. I played through it multiple times back when I was a wee nine-year-old lad, and still remember most of the puzzles fondly.

My last choice (because I can't settle on just one) is Bad Mojo (released in 1996). You're a cockroach . . . it's as simple as that. Bad Mojo is dark, gritty, weird, and mostly pointless; but I was in awe of it's absurdity the minute I laid eyes on it.
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.

User Info: silvergokuZ

silvergokuZ
2 years ago#48
Its hard to say really as I like games that were popular in the 90's but not mainstream so not a classic in the sense someone would remember a Sonic or Mario game

I like Jones In The Fast Lane, Discworld 1 and 2 and many others I cant remember apart from Dare to Dream 2 and 3 and rockstar.
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
2 years ago#49
Monster Bash..... I played the hell out of that game
Super Solvers
Treasure Mountain

I think it might be considered a classic but...The Incredible Machine, as well as Total Annihilation 1

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
2 years ago#50
Jetfighter 2 might be considered a classic by some but I'm not sure just how popular it actually was.
Such a great dos sim way back when.
Can be found on myabandonware.com if anyone feels the need to have a blast from the past. I highly recommend your own music though :P
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your favorite PC game that's NOT regarded as a classic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived