This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming Laptop Recommendations...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming Laptop Recommendations...

User Info: Skeet1983

Skeet1983
2 years ago#1
I am looking for a new gaming laptop. My budget is 2100/2400. Any suggestions and thoughts appreciated...
I understand much that understanding is not understanding so please understand not to understand, but to understand much when we must all understand please.

User Info: Sora_Anbu

Sora_Anbu
2 years ago#2
Search around.
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
2 years ago#3
With that budget you're better off building a beefy rig, then buying a mid-range gaming laptop with your remaining $1000, using PC streaming to play the more demanding games on the laptop. Otherwise you'll be left disappointed by the performance you're getting from a $2400 laptop.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg

User Info: Skeet1983

Skeet1983
2 years ago#4
I like the portability of laptops though. Is there any decent gaming ones for my budget?
I understand much that understanding is not understanding so please understand not to understand, but to understand much when we must all understand please.

User Info: DRAGON07891230

DRAGON07891230
2 years ago#5
Go to xoticpc.com and look at MSI/Sager/Lenovo
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh! (Unofficial Godhead of ESV boards)

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
2 years ago#6
You are searching for something that doesn't exist.
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
2 years ago#7
Skeet1983 posted...
I like the portability of laptops though. Is there any decent gaming ones for my budget?
Re-read my comment. If you stream your gaming desktop to your laptop you can still have your portability and better graphics as opposed to just a laptop. In fact, you'll have more portability because you'll be lucky to get an hour of battery life out of a high-end gaming laptop.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#8
Psythik posted...
Skeet1983 posted...
Re-read my comment. If you stream your gaming desktop to your laptop you can still have your portability and better graphics as opposed to just a laptop. In fact, you'll have more portability because you'll be lucky to get an hour of battery life out of a high-end gaming laptop.

I gotta agree with this. You can spend $1.4k on desktop PC and it'll be as powerful if not more powerful than the laptop you'd get for $2.4k. You can spend the leftover cash on a decent laptop that will run games @ medium-high settings or even Stream the games from your desktop to the laptop using Steam's In-House Streaming and still retain the high settings used on the Desktop PC.

With $1.4k you should be able to build a desktop that would max pretty much any game out there.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: QuestofChosen

QuestofChosen
2 years ago#9
$2000 laptops tend to be the opposite of portable.
Currently Playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Donkey Kong 64 and Fez

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 years ago#10
lolgaminglaptop
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming Laptop Recommendations...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived