This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about a controller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. question about a controller

User Info: darren19822000

darren19822000
3 years ago#1
if i want to play say skyrim on steam with a xbox 360 controller...for a wired controller i just plug it in and it works? no extra program like when trying to use a ps3 controller?

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
Depends on the game. The game has to support controllers to begin with. I'm pretty sure Skyrim supports the 360 controller.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Dragonspawn1319

Dragonspawn1319
3 years ago#3
Windows supports 360 controllers, but the game you play needs to support them as well. Most new games, especially multiplats should. I've never used a controller for Skyrim but I assume it does.

darren19822000
3 years ago#4
ive used the mouse and kb before...but ive been playing so much xbox its what im comfortable with.

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
3 years ago#5
For a wired controller it's pretty much just plug & play with any xinput title (ie, most stuff released over the past five-six years that supports a controller at all). It'll also work with older dinput titles though you may not be able to use the back triggers or d-pad and all the various buttons will show up as "button 1 through 18" or so. You can solve both problems by using say xpadder to remap the triggers and d-pad inputs to keyboard triggers as long as the game doesn't have an issue with mixing controller and keyboard inputs (which the vast majority don't but there are definitely a few that do).

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
3 years ago#6
darren19822000 posted...
y skyrim on steam with a xbox 360 controller...for a wired controller i just plug it in and it works? no extra program like when trying to use a ps3 controller?

Yes that is correct. I have Skyrim and I've used a 360 controller on it and it works flawlessly. Nothing to do but plug in and play.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

darren19822000
3 years ago#7
sweet. thanks
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. question about a controller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived