This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kingdoms of Amalur worth it on sale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Kingdoms of Amalur worth it on sale?

User Info: Silver Shadow X

Silver Shadow X
3 years ago#1
It kind of looks like Fable or...WoW, but single player. Worth it though? I will ask two questions:

1. Can you buy property or otherwise set up some form of automated income?

2. Does the story suck? I wouldn't play a game like this just for the action, honestly. Maybe for exploration though, if the world is nice I suppose.
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
3 years ago#2
You can indeed buy homes.

The story is intriguing, but not that important. The combat and exploration makes up for it.

I would say get the whole collection (3 DLC packs from steam) if you are going to purchase it.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#3
The combat and exploration are terrible... I don't get what people want from a game if they think both of these elements from KoA are even worthy of mention.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#4
Silver Shadow X posted...
1. Can you buy property or otherwise set up some form of automated income?

property yes, automated income, kinda sorta. canneroc gives you some expensive vendor trash on a regular basis. one of the DLCs let you set up alliances with other countries and have them pay tribute to you (Dead Kel). your automated income is a drop in the bucket compared to what you get by picking up crap and selling it at the nearest vendor.

Silver Shadow X posted...
2. Does the story suck?

The story is very good, written by a best seller author, R.A. Salvatore. (same guy who invented Drizz't Do'Urden if you know who he is)
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
3 years ago#5
jake-sf posted...
The combat and exploration are terrible... I don't get what people want from a game if they think both of these elements from KoA are even worthy of mention.

My "hates everything" tag is surprisingly fitting 80% of the time. Oh tell us, jake, why is the combat and exploration is terrible? Let's compare it to the popular games like skyrim, fable or uhhh... guild wars 2.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
3 years ago#6
KoA was pretty hit and miss for me. At times I got really into it; at other times I was bored out of my mind.

I paid 9.99 for it (without DLC) and felt the fun times I did have were worth it. I wouldn't pay more than that. So at 5.99, it's a good buy.

User Info: Silver Shadow X

Silver Shadow X
3 years ago#7
I see. Sounds like it may be worth buying that 11.99 pack then to get everything. Guess I'll check some more vids and come to a decision. Thanks for the opinions.
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
3 years ago#8
I like it.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#9
SpazH3d posted...
jake-sf posted...

My "hates everything" tag is surprisingly fitting 80% of the time. Oh tell us, jake, why is the combat and exploration is terrible? Let's compare it to the popular games like skyrim, fable or uhhh... guild wars 2.

*drum rolls*

I hate all those games.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#10
jake-sf posted...
SpazH3d posted...
jake-sf posted...

*drum rolls*

I hate all those games.

Like he said... hates everything.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Kingdoms of Amalur worth it on sale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived