This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange internet trouble-help?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Strange internet trouble-help?

User Info: Zero17

Zero17
3 years ago#1
I sent in one of my Laptops for warranty repair. Got it back today, turn it on, appears good at first. I open internet explorer (so I can DL firefox and chrome obviously) and...nothing.

IE opens up. I see the address bar at the top and a single tab open-but nothing on the tab. It doesn't go to a homepage like I'd expect, nor does it display any other sort of page you might see, such as recently visited webpages. Thought nothing of it-type in google.com to get firefox, hit enter...nothing.

I check the network, and use the troubleshooter. All is well, it's connected. It doesn't give me any errors. It doesn't...do anything. I have no other browser on that computer right now, and am uncertain how to proceed. When I click the cog in the upper right corner, most of the options are greyed out, including Internet Options, Developer tools, Pinned Sites, manage downloads, etc. The only ones I can click are file and delete browsing history (which there isn't any since it won't go anywhere!)

Anyone got any tips?
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6568/zero17sig.png

User Info: CELTEKK

CELTEKK
3 years ago#2
I'm assuming since it's a laptop your using wireless. if you have an Ethernet cable, try plugging that in and see if that works.

also if you're using wireless i assume you have a wireless signal?
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#3
its not his internet connection style.

id suggest putting firefox on a usb drive or having someone send it to you via skype etc if you have that installed
^ this
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Strange internet trouble-help?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived