This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

after much debate, I settled on a i5-4670k and a radeon hd 7950 - best 7950?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. after much debate, I settled on a i5-4670k and a radeon hd 7950 - best 7950?

User Info: KillerzOverHere

KillerzOverHere
3 years ago#1
since OC'd, it beats out the 760 and trades blows with the 670. Figured this was better than going fx-8xxx series and gtx 770. Now, what is the best 7950 for OC'ing? Absolute best, with best PCB design, best cooling (non-water of course) and voltage unlocked? Again, not looking for best price/performance, I'm looking for the most performance oriented 7950.
We're trying to maintain a minimum... scratch that... the bare minimum level of intelligence on this board and you're not helping.

User Info: Jiazhen

Jiazhen
3 years ago#2
a 7970 sounds like what you're looking for.
Phenom II 925 | GTS250 SLI | Corsair Dominator 8GB | GA-990FXA-UD5 | 840 EVO 250GB | 3TB | HX620 | Carbide 200r

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
3 years ago#3
Jiazhen posted...
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets.I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchel2003

User Info: KillerzOverHere

KillerzOverHere
3 years ago#4
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Jiazhen posted...

out of budget.
We're trying to maintain a minimum... scratch that... the bare minimum level of intelligence on this board and you're not helping.

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 years ago#5
You're also probably going to have an easier time getting a 280X over a 7970 now, which isn't a bad thing since it's the "newer" card just rebranded with a couple minor perks.

Not a bad option with the AMD bundle for $300:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202046
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. after much debate, I settled on a i5-4670k and a radeon hd 7950 - best 7950?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived