This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that are like Rollercoaster/Zoo Tycoon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that are like Rollercoaster/Zoo Tycoon?

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
3 years ago#21
Theme Hospital is great. It has about the same qualities RCT had - a bit of (crude?) humour, freedom, all packed into the game's theme.

And I think it's more or less from the same gaming "era".
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; pokemon name: Kamil

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#22
I can't believe no one's mentioned Ski Resort Tycoon. I wasted so many hours of my teenage years on that game.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg

User Info: Arcadia__person

Arcadia__person
2 years ago#23
unclee posted...
Arcadia__person posted...
I find it really weird that it's so hard to find a game of the same genre and quality of Roller Coaster Tycoon. I'm with capgamer in a sense-- RCT is not my favorite series, but I've definitely never played anything in that genre that I feel comes close to it.

I don't get the dislike for RCT3 though. I think that game is easily on par with the rest of the series.

Probably because it ran like crap on pretty much everything when it was released, which soured a lot of people to the game. It runs fabulous on current hardware these days, but I remember back when it came out it was pretty terrible.

That makes sense. I don't think I played it very close to when it came out, so I just never ran into that.
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye

User Info: temgun

temgun
2 years ago#24
Banished and Tropico 4 are kinda similar in a way that if you like RCT, there's no reason you wouldn't like these two. There are not that many games like that anymore.

If you are okay with non-Steam games, check out The Movies. Very similar to RCT and I'd say it's even better than RCT.

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
2 years ago#25
NoLimits is great if you only care about the roller coasters, and are willing to put a LOT of time into perfecting one. It's used by actual rollercoaster engineers, and because of that it's very advanced.
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that are like Rollercoaster/Zoo Tycoon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived