This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

after using Newegg's PSU calculator, I got nervous.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. after using Newegg's PSU calculator, I got nervous.

User Info: AppleJeZus

AppleJeZus
2 years ago#11
Also, thanks to all of you for helping. I am a college student working minimum wage in California. This setup has been a work in progress for 4 months so I don't want to ruin it when it's costed a hefty amount of my paychecks.
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
2 years ago#12
Be sure to claim that tuition on next years income tax! I'm telling you, those income tax rebates are always prime for PC upgrades :P
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

AppleJeZus
2 years ago#13
I'm awaiting a $211 check from my tax returns :P that should be coming by the end of the week and I also get paid tomorrow so that's where the case money is coming from hahaha

User Info: aak57

aak57
2 years ago#14
Whenever you have power concern woes, just look at reviews for the video card. Most have power consumption tests (using OCed hex-core i7s so even if you have extra stuff it'll be close). You'll find that most power supply calculators overestimate quite a bit, though obviously it's still better to go for wiggle room. But a (quality) 750W PSU is perfectly fine for your setup even if you OC the **** out of everything.
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#15
Newegg's PSU calculator is the worst, never trust it. That setup will run fine on a good 550W, so yeah, your 750W Corsair is fine.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

AppleJeZus
2 years ago#16
Thank you all, again :) just wanted to be sure. I appreciate all of your help.

User Info: Acquire

Acquire
2 years ago#17
I just tried out that PSU calculator. It seems horribly inaccurate.
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

User Info: RhapsoKnight

RhapsoKnight
2 years ago#18
skychan posted...
32gb Solid State drive???

get 120gb? windows(7) already use 20-30gb (i think)

More like 15GB. The rest would be pagefile and hibernate file, which can easily be disabled once you've got 8+GB of RAM. Although your statement is still valid, 32GB is pretty tight. Having programs installed on a regular hard drive defeats the purpose of having a SSD.

User Info: brainlack

brainlack
2 years ago#19
a good psu can run a 690 with just 450W so buy a good psu it will save everyone in the house and doesn't turn unused every unused energy to heat
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 years ago#20
Newegg's PSU calculator is garbage. All that would run fine on a 550w.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. after using Newegg's PSU calculator, I got nervous.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived