This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name the last game you played from a floppy disk

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Name the last game you played from a floppy disk

User Info: Ashricky

Ashricky
2 years ago#201
Oregon Trail.

Fond memories as a child screaming in evil laughter as I layed waste to those helpless slow moving buffalos.
The grass is greener where you water it.

User Info: Devil_wings00

Devil_wings00
2 years ago#202
Some shmup that you played as a jet. Don't ask me the name because I can't remember for the life of me. Raptor maybe? If that was even a game ;p
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz
GTX 580 SLI

User Info: Toshiaki69

Toshiaki69
2 years ago#203
Ohoho, I played a great many floppos in my day. There was one, I recall, where you had to lead a tiger into a river, and then feed it berries until it blocked the water flow and all the plants died. I can't remember the name, but it was really fun. Monkeys would try to steal your berries and you had to cut their heads off with a machete. I assume it was a machete, the graphics were very primitive.
Chillin' in the Cultivation Room

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 years ago#204
It was probably some Amiga 500 game. I don't remember which one though. Frontier: Elite II? It always amazed me that it only needed one disk.
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
2 years ago#205
USMC0811 posted...
Though CD-ROMs were the new thing by the time I got into PC gaming (around the Shareware Doom era), I do fondly remember playing Riven, the sequel to Myst. That one was on floppy, though my copy of Myst itself was actually on CD. I remember that Riven had me switching floppies about every 10 minutes (there were maybe 15 different floppies containing the game)

I think you are a BIT (just a bit!) confused. Riven would NEVER fit into 15 floppies. The game came in 5 CDs, man. Even if you remove all the videos and music, the game wouldn't fit into floppies.
If Mario was made for PCs:
http://i.imgur.com/quKMdjB.jpg

User Info: Rougarou_31337

Rougarou_31337
2 years ago#206
King's Quest.. Or... The Flinstones? Maybe? Had more but I only remember those two.

User Info: soonernfl25

soonernfl25
2 years ago#207
Windows 3.1 on 60 disks lol

User Info: ShoeBoxPingPong

ShoeBoxPingPong
2 years ago#208
MarceloSampaio posted...
ShoeBoxPingPong posted...
Transport Tycoon Deluxe I think...

Amazing game, BTW. ^^

Still one of my favorite games ever. There's a source port, BTW. Not only it enhances the game a LOT, it works on Windows 7/8, Android, Dingoo, toaster, DS... Its called OpenTTD, I think.

Yeah, I've got OpenTTD. The only issue I have with it is that none of the created AI's are the type I'd like to play against and I can't program for the life of me.
EUW Server
Yes I'm ****, but you've been matched with me - doesn't that mean you're **** too?

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
2 years ago#209
sid meiers colonization

User Info: Inferno700

Inferno700
2 years ago#210
Nice question. I had a floppy that had a name written on it "Best of Entertainment" it had games like Tetris, Chess, Pool, and that skiing game I'm sure you all remember. That was the last game I played on a floppy.
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Name the last game you played from a floppy disk

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived