This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please recommend a laptop cooler!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Please recommend a laptop cooler!!

User Info: soonernfl25

soonernfl25
2 years ago#1
I have an Asus N56J. It has the Intel i7 4700 HQ, which gets up to 92 degrees Celsius, but stays in the 80s mainly, when gaming. It also has a Geforce GTX 760m, which gets up to 81 degrees, but stays in the 70s mostly, during gaming. I have a hard-top lap desk so the vents are not covered up. Can someone recommend a good laptop cooler that can get these temperatures down for me?

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
2 years ago#2
I use an NZXT RN-CRV60 cooler for mine and it seems to work pretty well.

User Info: soonernfl25

soonernfl25
2 years ago#3
That is the first bladeless one I have seen. Looks cool and not too expensive. Is it easy to use on your lap or do I still need to use a lapdesk underneath the cooler? Also, does it feel cheap, like it could break easily? Thanks for the recommendation. I am really intrigued by this.

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
2 years ago#4
I don't use my laptop on my lap much but one of the reviews says it works well. Also the cooler is very sturdy. If you have a 17" laptop it may overlap the sides a bit but it will be fine.

User Info: Cush1978

Cush1978
2 years ago#5
I've had this one about a year with no complaints:

Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 160mm Fan (R9-NBC-XSLI-GP)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C31HC0/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cush - Wii Friend Code: 8824 6045 3862 1803

User Info: OmegaBlades

OmegaBlades
2 years ago#6
Cush1978 posted...
I've had this one about a year with no complaints:

Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 160mm Fan (R9-NBC-XSLI-GP)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C31HC0/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the bulky X3 equivalent of it. It works very well at keeping my laptop cool. Got it when it was on sale a while back though. Wouldn't recommend the $40 price tag on it.
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Please recommend a laptop cooler!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived