This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting banned on steam.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting banned on steam.

User Info: Garudin

Garudin
3 years ago#11
Monkeymage posted...
Garudin posted...

so you go to your CC company for them to basically take back the money by force at least electronically anyway.

No. A chargeback is a request to your credit card's issuing bank to dispute the charge. They will award you a temporary amount in the amount of the disputed transaction while they investigate. Ultimately the Association (VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Discover) decides whether or not you get the money permanently.

(doing a charge back also negatively effects your Credit Rating)

False. It does nothing to your credit rating.

I worked credit card disputes for a large payment processor for a number of years, and I was a Subject Matter Expert that worked directly with the Associations.

Thanks for clearing that up then how I said it was how it was explained to me from a couple different people that at the time I thought knew what they were talking about.
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#12
SpazH3d posted...
Isn't it stupid to lock you out of buying games if you're banned? Banning a person for being an ass or a scammer is fine, but why would they refuse your money?

So they don't get charge-backed again.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting banned on steam.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived