This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battleblock Theater is fun

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battleblock Theater is fun

User Info: noimnoturdaddy

noimnoturdaddy
3 years ago#1
I don't know why it took them 3 years from original release of Castle Crashers to the release of another indie game that takes about 8 hours to beat, but for what it is, it's fun.
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am

User Info: SuperSuikoden

SuperSuikoden
3 years ago#2
Yes, it's fun but I enjoyed Castle Crashers much more.
http://raptr.com/Call_Me_A_Hero

noimnoturdaddy
3 years ago#3
It felt better for co-op, that's for sure.

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
3 years ago#4
It has that same vibe as Left 4 Dead for me, where I can do the same thing over and over and still have a fun time with friends.
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
3 years ago#5
I only played a bit of it at someone's house, but if we'd played the whole thing it would have taken us longer. He kept wanting to re-do our levels so they were perfect (all gems + a good time)

I think I prefer CC, too. And I haven't tried Alien Hominid. Though I really should. It's on my shelf.
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes and I Now playing - Titan Quest ~ Now playing - Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed

noimnoturdaddy
3 years ago#6
The big turnoff for me about CC is that it was absolutely skill-less. Brainless button mashing (basically jump attack an enemy then spam standard attack until they die) and level grinding >>> everything else. I'm not kidding when I say it's almost put me to sleep sometimes. If it weren't for co-op, I wouldn't have made it very far in that game at all.

Battleblock Theater I actually have to execute things properly, or I eat bricks. It's a slightly less infuriating take on Super Meat Boy.

noimnoturdaddy
3 years ago#7
That's actually how I'd describe this to anyone that's interested. Super Meat Boy-lite with coop. It plays like Super Meat Boy, but isn't as difficult, the level designs aren't as varied, the music isn't as inspired or eclectic...

I really hope Team Meat can do a Super Meat Boy 2 and knock it out of the park. That game scratched an itch that I didn't think anyone could get to.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battleblock Theater is fun

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived