This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with Virtual Mic program (Vmic)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Problem with Virtual Mic program (Vmic)

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
3 years ago#1
Now I doubt anyone is actually familiar with this particular program but maybe someone with a bit more overall computer knowledge than me can help me out.

http://rukhov.sdf.org/vmic/

Here is a link to the download its totally safe file if anyone is willing to take a look and mess around with it a bit to help me.

The problem I am having is getting the audio to be output to my mic, for both the text to speech and voice modifier options. I know my mic is picking up what I am saying and modifying it, because it just echos back to me whatever I say. If I turn the program on and use the ghost voice or whatever and just start talking, i'll hear exactly what I'm saying in the spooky ghost voice. So then I go on to skype and do an echo call test and all I get is my regular voice audio.

When I change the microphone option in Vmic from Microphone to Digital Audio it doesn't work at all.

Same thing with text to speech pretty much. When I type something in and run it, the program reads it no problem and I hear it come out over the audio. But when I try to do it on skype on the echo test I get nothing but silence played back to me.

Someone posted with seemingly the same problem as me on his "forum":

http://rukhov.sdf.org/vmic/forum.html

And all he said was to watch the setup video and see if it helped. It doesn't lol. Anyone have any ideas?
Now you can see the importance of time!
It helps us make pizzer and keep things in line.

DetectivPenguin
3 years ago#2
a little bump

DetectivPenguin
3 years ago#3
someone computer savvy pls
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Problem with Virtual Mic program (Vmic)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived