This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 560 ti for $110 worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 560 ti for $110 worth it?

User Info: davidaaronk

davidaaronk
2 years ago#1
Currently rocking an ATI 5770
Steam ID = KatzDave (Add me!) Multi-player games below... (PC/DS/Wii)
AS,AT,AW,B,B+,BF2,BP,CSS,DDS,GW,L4D,L4D2, MK,MiB,PHG,PPT,PVK,RFG,SC,SF4,SMC4,SSE,TC,TF2

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
2 years ago#2
Not really. Save a bit more and get a modern card.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
2 years ago#3
To put it in perspective, I payed $150 almost 3 years ago for a card at about the same performance level.

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
2 years ago#4
Not really.
A 750 or 750ti should cost about the same, be more powerful, far more power efficient and run much cooler.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: Cllerj

Cllerj
2 years ago#5
Save another 140 and get a 760.
Games. That is all.

User Info: jacob5622

jacob5622
2 years ago#6
For the performance upgrade at that price? Not worth it.
"Tren, forget the men, we gotta beat up Om, Zet, and YD cause they stole <Insert name here> secks hack."

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 years ago#7
>_>

Oddly I just upgraded from a 5770 and acquired two 560TI's (EVGA, 448 core ones) for $100 after shipping from a friend. Only using one however, since I don't have a second PCI-E slot.

Personally I know damn well I'm CPU bottlenecked, but I'm still noticing *some* performance improvements in games. Plus, and I don't want to start anything with this, but at least being able to get updated drivers is a plus.

The newest drivers for the 5770 were from like, March of 2013, and as such BF4 b****ed at me every time I played it because my drivers were 8 months older than the game.

Ultimately, don't expect a whole hell of a lot and it may not really be worth it for that card at that price. You'd almost be buying it just to be switching to Nvidia and/or getting something slightly newer that still has some limited driver support, if that's anything to you.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: anonymous4ever

anonymous4ever
2 years ago#8
Hell I'm still running a 560ti. Still runs the majority of games I want to play at acceptable performance levels. *shrugs*. I'll upgrade eventually but haven't seen the need yet.

User Info: ToastyOne

ToastyOne
2 years ago#9
Um, weren't the 400/500 geforce series having problems with drivers past 314.22?
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5392/picture002wmc.jpg
steamcommunity.com/id/Armatoste/

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
2 years ago#10
I think that is fixed now.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 560 ti for $110 worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived