This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help. I'm looking for a good tablet, any recommendation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help. I'm looking for a good tablet, any recommendation?

User Info: Samurai_Shinjo

Samurai_Shinjo
3 years ago#1
I've never gotten a tablet and know little about tme. However, they seem pretty cool and may warrant a purchase. I'm leaning toward one of the Droid based ones

Any recommendations?

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
3 years ago#2
Well, what would you like to do with the tablet?
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Samurai_Shinjo

Samurai_Shinjo
3 years ago#3
shmirlywhirl posted...

I just think it'd be nice to have a pocket computer so that i can easily take it along with me and web surf.

User Info: Xa3r0x

Xa3r0x
3 years ago#4
Nexus 7
i5-4670k @ 4.2 GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 770 2GB | GIGABYTE MX-D3H | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | Corsair CX600 | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | 128GB Crucial M4 SSD

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
3 years ago#5
KainReaver109 posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...

I just think it'd be nice to have a pocket computer so that i can easily take it along with me and web surf.

Sounds like a smart phone to me.... personally I think a tablet should be at LEAST 8 inches, Otherwise its functionality overlaps too much with a phone most everyone already has.

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#6
surface pro 3

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
3 years ago#7
Nexus 7 is decent. The build quality is subpar and so is the screen but overall it's decent for $200.

If this were me, is drop the money and get the iPad mini. Say whatever you want about apple but that retina iPad mini is very very slick. Only a hundred and something more too.

Sony actually has some decent things.

Is stay away from Samsung, ebay brands and the such. Get something that has support for 3-4 years (apple).

I used to use my tablet daily until I tried my phone. Personally I can't go back. Maybe look into a larger smartphone too?

User Info: K4P_Link

K4P_Link
3 years ago#8
ASUS t100 transformer book. you're dumb if you get anything else in it's price range.
PSN : EverInfinity17
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1580697/

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
3 years ago#9
K4P_Link posted...
ASUS t100 transformer book

That's basically a crappy laptop with a removable keyboard... I wouldn't even trade my ancient HP Touchpad for it.

User Info: K4P_Link

K4P_Link
3 years ago#10
jedinat posted...
K4P_Link posted...
ASUS t100 transformer book

That's basically a crappy laptop with a removable keyboard...

...and? it actually runs a full OS. I mean if you like to be limited to watered down apps go for it
PSN : EverInfinity17
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1580697/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help. I'm looking for a good tablet, any recommendation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived