This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reset of settings after NVidia Drivers Update

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Reset of settings after NVidia Drivers Update

User Info: acangial

acangial
3 years ago#1
So most of you prolly know this already, but if you don't, I discovered an important fact to be mindful of when updating Nvidia drivers, especially if you are like me and running 1080p on a Sony Bravia LCD TV.

A lot of Nvida settings go back to default after you update their drivers and can make your games run like @ss afterwards. I was just fine tuning my new Assassin's Creed Black Flag install and with these helpful hints I can run the game on 50 to 60FPS on high to very high settings and the game (as well as other games) now look fantastic. This also fixes a few of the windowed vs. full screen settings not working as it normally should:

In the Nvidia Control Panel, go to DISPLAY then ADJUST DESKTOP COLOR SETTINGS and under #3
APPLY THE FOLLOWING ENHANCEMENTS at the very bottom where it says CONTENT TYPE
REPORTED TO DISPLAY I changed it from AUTO SELECT to DESKTOP PROGRAMS

ALSO - Under Display/Change Resolution, set refresh rate back to 60 HZ (it always goes back to 24 FPS for some reason on my rig after a driver update)

For many games, don't use their V-Synch, use the adaptive V-Synch that you can customize in the NVidia control panel for each game by associating it with its executable file.
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Logitech G13 & G700
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Reset of settings after NVidia Drivers Update

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived