This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any reason to use a Xbox One gamepad over a 360 one?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any reason to use a Xbox One gamepad over a 360 one?

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 years ago#1
So, MS released the drivers to use Xbox One gamepads on PC (wired only, but I prefer wired anyway). So then, does the One controller have anything at all to offer over the 360 controller for PC? I don't have a One so I don't what what changes on the inside, if any, were made over the 360 controller. In the photos it looks to have the same buttons, sticks, and overall shape as a 360 controller.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: That1Guyy

That1Guyy
3 years ago#2
I've only had the chance to use the controller for a few minutes, but the ergonomics in general might actually be better than the 360 controller. The only immediate issue I noted was that the bumpers feel a bit more awkwardly sized so that it didn't feel as comfortable to press them.
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#3
Improved ergonomics, extra rumble motors in the triggers, and my personal favorite dpad of any controller ever. Definitely going to be picking one up myself.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Bongbuddy

Bongbuddy
3 years ago#4
A dpad that actually works.

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 years ago#5
The d-pad would almost have to be better than the 360 controller.
The 360 d-pad might be the worst d-pad on any controller past present and future in all the universe.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#6
No real reason no. The ergonomics actually are not any different, the triggers are squishy, and the whole thing feels flimsy. The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better
"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Go ahead and pour that gasoline."
~DevilDriver: Desperate Times

User Info: romsnbombs

romsnbombs
3 years ago#7
daemon_dan posted...
The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better

So it's basically like a biscuit tin lid balanced on a tennis ball?
A company that uses DRM is like a girlfriend who won't have sex with you, then she wonders why you had to go out and get a hooker

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#8
romsnbombs posted...
daemon_dan posted...
The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better

So it's basically like a biscuit tin lid balanced on a tennis ball?

This is the best description of it I've ever heard.
"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Go ahead and pour that gasoline."
~DevilDriver: Desperate Times

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#9
The thumbsticks are taller than the 360 controller. If you're used to the 360 controller it takes a little getting used to.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
3 years ago#10
My wired 360 controller is ancient and half the buttons are stuck. It will be great to finally use a new controller.sad thing is I will end up using the controller more for PC than my actual XB1. I've had the Xbox since december and haven't bought a game for it yet. I just like it for the tv and media voice controls.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any reason to use a Xbox One gamepad over a 360 one?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived