The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats a good video card for $50-$60?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats a good video card for $50-$60?

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
2 years ago#11
Me and my ******** goin hey, hey, hey, hey-hey hey
Combo Master

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 years ago#12
SC2 can be run off of a GT8800. That game is not grpahic intensive at all. You just need a decent CPU for it.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: MaKhaos

MaKhaos
2 years ago#13
Well playing at low settings is preferred in SC2 so as long as you have a beefy CPU, you can just use the integrated graphics on it.
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]

User Info: CELTEKK

CELTEKK
2 years ago#14
good
50$ GPU

pick one
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
2 years ago#15
I am running a GT 610 with an FX-8350 processor and I am getting 40+ fps on SC2 @ 2560x1440. The game is completely dependent on your CPU, as long as that condition's fulfilled you could use an extremely cheap GPU. All lowest settings of course (although still @1440p).
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5

User Info: The_Count_Foo

The_Count_Foo
2 years ago#16
Search for some second hand cards. I saw some 560 ti cards going for $50 when I was considering sli a few months back.
Divided by night...

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
2 years ago#17
cuteboi100 posted...
I am running a GT 610 with an FX-8350 processor

This combination angers me. It sounds like one of those iBuypower "ULTRA L33T GAMING RIG!!11!1!!" computers.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 years ago#18
You can get this for about $80 after rebate. might be able to find it cheaper some where else. though this is about the lowest you want to go for a GPU you are going to game with.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11215-01-20G/dp/B00FLMKIHC/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1402115635&sr=8-18&keywords=radeon+7750
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
2 years ago#19
You can get a used Radeon HD 4870 from a seller on Amazon for $51 shipped. It's probably going to be the best deal you're going to get in your price range. It will even play some new games at low/medium settings. If you're going to stick with your budget then I would do this if I were you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001L1RZ00/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: BannedMom

BannedMom
2 years ago#20
cuteboi100 posted...
I am running a GT 610 with an FX-8350 processor and I am getting 40+ fps on SC2 @ 2560x1440. The game is completely dependent on your CPU, as long as that condition's fulfilled you could use an extremely cheap GPU. All lowest settings of course (although still @1440p).

****。 stop talking crap. Last time you posted you had the Athlon Regor now you have a 8350. What it gonna be next p4?
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats a good video card for $50-$60?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived