This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Big Of A Monitor for Gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How Big Of A Monitor for Gaming?

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
2 years ago#11
Go check out a pawn shop for monitors. They have horrible resale value, so you may be able to score a sweet deal.
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
2 years ago#12
The size screen you want depends on how close you like to sit to it. I find a 21-22" monitor to be plenty big for PC gaming. Larger screens are bad for sitting very close.

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
2 years ago#13
anything past 21" is overkill. Monitor's aren't televisions, 99% of pc users don't sit on their couch when using them Even 21" is pushing it. I prefer 19.5"
Ron Paul 2012

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
2 years ago#14
VeryDarkSoul posted...
anything past 21" is overkill. Monitor's aren't televisions, 99% of pc users don't sit on their couch when using them Even 21" is pushing it. I prefer 19.5"

Yes, sir. I'll get rid of my monitor and buy a 21" right away, sir.

/salute

User Info: drink

drink
2 years ago#15
VeryDarkSoul posted...

It depends on how far your sitting also. I have a 23" and I sit about 30" away when sitting up. 40" when leaning back. I used a 20" for the past 6 years that died.

Go in a store and compare the sizes and keep in mind that it will look bigger at home.
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake

User Info: EdgeofDarkness

EdgeofDarkness
2 years ago#16
34" 21:9 is best

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
2 years ago#17
I got a 22"

Feels perfect.

User Info: Pepys Monster

Pepys Monster
2 years ago#18
24" and 16:10 is what the master race games on.
i5-3570K | GTX 780 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1866 | 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 4TB WD Black HDD | Z77 Extreme4 | EA-650 Platinum

User Info: Explicit Dank

Explicit Dank
2 years ago#19
Went from 20" to 24 recently, from 720 to 1080, and it works, but, it's still not big enough. Somewheres around 30 inches is what I should have got.
Parental Advisory - Explicit Dank

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#20
http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-W2053TX-lcd-monitor is your current monitor, for the record.
As for what you should get, well, it depends. I don't like 27" displays -- every single one I've used regardless of panel or resolution has hurt my eyes, I don't know why, perhaps it has to do with how close I sat to them, but I'm not really bothered. I don't go above 24" now. I think 23-24" is the sweet spot, personally, but it depends on your preference.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How Big Of A Monitor for Gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived