This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever had a mouse click strain injury?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever had a mouse click strain injury?

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
3 years ago#1
I remember I was in between jobs and was playing Dawn of War 2. It was so bad I lost the ability to click with my pointy finger and had to use my middle finger for maybe 6-8 weeks.

Anyone had anything similar? Or some unique injury from gaming? Back injuries maybe?

User Info: SchoolRumble

SchoolRumble
3 years ago#2
Nope, & I've never heard of something happening like that.
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
3 years ago#3
I get a sore neck sometimes when playing MMOs for many hours a day. So there's that. It luckily goes away after a day or 3.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#4
No. I use a G400s which has a relatively sensitive click. I barely have to push at all to click which was uncomfortable at first because came from a mouse that required some strength to use.
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S

User Info: 610330

3 years ago#5
I destroyed my thumb training for a fighting game tournament once. Got a sore wrist from playing LoL for 72 hours straight with 4 hour sleep breaks.
FC: 3265-6142-1230

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#6
610330 posted...
I destroyed my thumb training for a fighting game tournament once. Got a sore wrist from playing LoL for 72 hours straight with 4 hour sleep breaks.

People have literally died from doing similar marathons.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
3 years ago#7
No.

User Info: SneakiestNeg

SneakiestNeg
3 years ago#8
My wrist and elbow sometimes acts up with the DS3 controller

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#9
My right hand index actually hurts me if I use it too much in a short span.

This is actually the sole reason I have started "banning" all those click-move game. Not only do I not even like that style of movement, but its literally killing my finger, and I just avoid them now.

Why do games still use mouse click movement anyway, its so bad. If it wasn't for those games, my finger wouldn't have this problem.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: DC07301981

DC07301981
3 years ago#10
Bad eye strain from staring at the screen too long, like when playing a game of Civilization straight through without breaks. Back pain from being so engrossed in the game that I won't move from my chair. When I get up my back is stiff and I need to stretch.

I had wrist pain when I was using fightsticks on my PS3 after not having used an arcade stick for about 10 years after arcades disappeared. Took me a while to get adjusted to the fightstick and holding a balltop stick and learning finger placement again.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you ever had a mouse click strain injury?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived