This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this build solid?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this build solid?

User Info: el_Dubble

el_Dubble
3 years ago#1
- Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA790XT-UD4P
- AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU
- Powercolor Radeon HD7950 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics
- 32GB DDR3 1333MHZ Transcend Dimm Memory (8GB x 4)
- Zalman CNPS9900 Silent CPU Cooler
- Antec 900 Gaming Case
- O/S Windows 7 Home Premium (Fresh Install)
- Almost New 1TB HDD

Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard + G9X Gaming Mouse

Monitor
- Philips 247E4 E-Line 23.6" LCD LED Full 1080p + Original Packaging

Bidding for it now but max price is $900AU, worth it in your opinions? Im not very hardware savy.

Is that case big enough to replace/add the hardware in it for future upgrading? pretty much just want something to max WoW for now.

User Info: BannedMom

BannedMom
3 years ago#2
Lol no.

It is crap for the price.

How much money do you have. You can build a cheap pc for wow.
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.

User Info: BeatItUpRight

BeatItUpRight
3 years ago#3
32gb is ridiculous for gaming.

Also no PSU.
i7-2600k@4.2ghz | R9 290 OC | 8gb Ram | Evo 840 | 1tb Drive | 550w XFX CE
Total build cost:GBP 475 - 1080p for all games

el_Dubble
3 years ago#4
Oh lordie, praise jesus for this board.

And roughly $1000 in Australian dollary doo's.

If you could point me in the right direction that'd be cool.

I was only looking at pre-builts 'cause i have no idea how to build a decent PC.

User Info: BannedMom

BannedMom
3 years ago#5
Well, I'm not sure about Australians stores though.

You will never get a great gaming machine if you buy a prebuilt.

If you want to learn how to make your own then it would be better for you and it really depends on your budget.
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 years ago#6
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/V4kWBm

Here you go. This is a real solid build. Your CPU will tear WoW apart and the 750TI runs WoW at 1080P at 56 FPS. 8GB of Ram will last you a good while along with 1TB of storage and that 550W 80+ Gold PSU allows for future upgrading of a video card. You will be maxing WoW like a hot knife cutting into butter.
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450-- BIOSTAR TA970

el_Dubble
3 years ago#7
32x2z posted...

Here you go. This is a real solid build. Your CPU will tear WoW apart and the 750TI runs WoW at 1080P at 56 FPS. 8GB of Ram will last you a good while along with 1TB of storage and that 550W 80+ Gold PSU allows for future upgrading of a video card. You will be maxing WoW like a hot knife cutting into butter.

Ya did it, looks good.

So whats up with that site can they build it for me and ship it or do I have to order everything seperately and build it ._. ?

el_Dubble
3 years ago#8
el_Dubble posted...
32x2z posted...

Ya did it, looks good.

So whats up with that site can they build it for me and ship it or do I have to order everything seperately and build it ._. ?

Uhhh, i also went to the site and had a look and it seems like theres a bunch of stuff missing from your build, are wifi network cards and sound cards not neccessary or something?

sorry for all the questions ._.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#9
Sound cards are pretty useless nowadays, there's a NIC built into the mobo so you won't need to add anything for a wired connection (highly recommended for online gaming, going from wifi to wired cut my ping in half). If you do need wifi you can get a USB dongle for like $10 usd or some mobos have it built in.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
3 years ago#10
PhilOnDez posted...
Sound cards are pretty useless nowadays, there's a NIC built into the mobo so you won't need to add anything for a wired connection (highly recommended for online gaming, going from wifi to wired cut my ping in half). If you do need wifi you can get a USB dongle for like $10 usd or some mobos have it built in.

There's something wrong with your wifi if going to to wired cut your ping in half. Usually the difference is 2-3ms at most.
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this build solid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived