This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just upgraded my wife's pc and have a question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just upgraded my wife's pc and have a question.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#1
Ok so i just updated my wife's pc with my old parts from my pc. i installed a i5 2500k and a single gtx 670.

So i booted up Battlefield 3 to test everything out and noticed that no matter what im not getting anywhere close to the performance that i was getting when i originally played the game. I was getting 50-60 fps and now on her's im hitting 30-40 fps.

All drivers are up to date and her pc as a whole is better than what i had with when i played the game. The pc has 16gb of ram and 512gb SSD which the game installed on. What could be the problem? Im almost second guessing myself that i wasn't getting better numbers when i played it lol
i7-4770K , 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#2
Hmm, Clean install of windows? Reset the bios, check for virus's.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#3
running at a higher resolution than you were?
^ this

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
3 years ago#4
Do you have anti aliasing on?
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#5
I've got a 670. I play with AA on low but otherwise pretty close to max and I didn't really notice my FPS going below 60 in ground combat. I didn't really play a lot but I did play several rounds when I got it from the EA humble bundle. CPU is a 3570k.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#6
ive checked every thing i can possibly think of and still not performing correctly. Same resolution that i played at which is 1080p.

probably do a clean install of windows and maybe get a new power supply and pull the other gtx 670 i have in my spare and see what it does then.
i7-4770K , 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just upgraded my wife's pc and have a question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived