This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got the Warcraft 3 Battle Chest...how does the expansion work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just got the Warcraft 3 Battle Chest...how does the expansion work?

User Info: Ninjaluver

Ninjaluver
3 years ago#1
I have installed both the base game and the Frozen Throne expansion however I can still open up the two separately....

Are they like separate games? Should I beat one before the other, or do I just play Frozen Throne?

I'm not a PC gamer, but I thought expansions just added stuff to the main game.

User Info: Lorthremar

Lorthremar
3 years ago#2
The expansion is a continuation of the original games' story (assuming we're only talking about campaign). Play the original first, then the expansion.
http://i.imgur.com//1FCppEB.gif

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
3 years ago#3
Lorthremar posted...
The expansion is a continuation of the original games' story (assuming we're only talking about campaign). Play the original first, then the expansion.

This. Unless you just want to do skirmish/multiplayer, in which case Frozen Throne all the way. The new units are amazing.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: SoulreaperX112

SoulreaperX112
3 years ago#4
The custom match multilayer is a bit ruined now. There are tons of bot servers up(good in some ways) but half of them are always running dota. The story for sp is good though.

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
3 years ago#5
One of the best and most memorable RTS campaigns I've ever played. In fact... I might go play some now because of this topic @_@
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#6
anonymous46773 posted...
One of the best and most memorable RTS campaigns I've ever played. In fact... I might go play some now because of this topic @_@

same :)
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: InferiorPeasant

InferiorPeasant
3 years ago#7
Cool_Dude667 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

same :)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just got the Warcraft 3 Battle Chest...how does the expansion work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived