This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if Seagate and Western Digital are terrible...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So if Seagate and Western Digital are terrible...

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#11
Shub posted...
There are three brands of hard drives: WD, Seagate and Toshiba. All the other brands you've heard of? They're all owned by one of those three. WD owns HGST (which was Hitachi's storage division).

i though toshiba got part of hitachi as well?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#12
urtv posted...
Shub posted...
There are three brands of hard drives: WD, Seagate and Toshiba. All the other brands you've heard of? They're all owned by one of those three. WD owns HGST (which was Hitachi's storage division).

i though toshiba got part of hitachi as well?

The 3.5 product line went to one company and the 2.5 went to the other. That was a stipulation of the deal to avoid inciting some sort of legal issue. Don't recall who got which though

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_hard_disk_manufacturers#Acquisition.2Fmerger_charts_of_major_brands
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

User Info: BlueRamza

BlueRamza
3 years ago#13
Seagate is the company I've always trusted to store my data. Never had any problem with them for over 7+ years.
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
3 years ago#14
Who does buffalo? I've had problems with WD wiring, seems they mess up but with seagate I've had no problems for .. yeah, about 7-8 years. Prefer Seagate myself.

User Info: MelvinSmiley

MelvinSmiley
3 years ago#15
All my WD drives still work great. one of them is over 5 years old and has not missed a beat!
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So if Seagate and Western Digital are terrible...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived