The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF?!?! Sims 4 will not be open world?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. WTF?!?! Sims 4 will not be open world?!

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 years ago#31
SpazH3d posted...
Okay maybe it is coming to consoles after all, but would they really limit themselves to console hardware before announcing console versions? That's just.... vile.

A lot of people figured out Diablo III was coming to consoles long before it was announced.

User Info: Captain_Drek

Captain_Drek
2 years ago#32
I didn't really like the open worldness of Sims 3, it made it hard to focus on your sims and there was no way of turning it off. I may be in the minority but I prefer the lot restrictions of Sims and Sims 2.
"There's always money in the banana stand."
3DS FC: 3738-0451-3244

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
2 years ago#33
Winpus posted...

From some recent research, Maxis does not develop The Sims anymore. The game is developed by The Sims Studio, under than EA Maxis name. Maxis is a separate entity from parent company EA, however, The Sims Studio is a division of EA. So it appears EA is to blame for this and anything else to do with The Sims, good or bad.

They do now, from my understanding. Sims 1 and 2 was Maxis. Sims 3 was Sims Studio. Sims 4 is Maxis again.
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
2 years ago#34
It's not open world so the thing doesn't run like ass.

Personally I don't mind the switch. Load screens never bothered me much.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
2 years ago#35
shmirlywhirl posted...

The funny thing is that The Sims 2 used to run like ass on most people's computers when it was released, and had loading screens that could take more than a minute! :p
Difference between 30 and 60 FPS. If you can't notice it, you need new eyes.
http://30vs60fps.com/

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
2 years ago#36
MarceloSampaio posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...

The funny thing is that The Sims 2 used to run like ass on most people's computers when it was released, and had loading screens that could take more than a minute! :p

Granted, all the sims have run poorly. But in my experience Sims 3 would slow to a crawl more frequently.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Reverend_Wilson

Reverend_Wilson
2 years ago#37
I loved the open world of sims 3, but if not having an open world improve proformance, then I don't mind at all.
Q Boned

User Info: NotQuiteAFreak

NotQuiteAFreak
2 years ago#38
Captain_Drek posted...
I didn't really like the open worldness of Sims 3, it made it hard to focus on your sims and there was no way of turning it off. I may be in the minority but I prefer the lot restrictions of Sims and Sims 2.

This Sims 3 was hardly a progression and the "open-world" (The one open world I might add) was utter ass. If the system is reverting to a state where you can actually create the world, instead of playing in the worlds EA assigns you, then good riddance.
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
2 years ago#39
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Captain_Drek posted...

This Sims 3 was hardly a progression and the "open-world" (The one open world I might add) was utter ass. If the system is reverting to a state where you can actually create the world, instead of playing in the worlds EA assigns you, then good riddance.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/

User Info: InferiorPeasant

InferiorPeasant
2 years ago#40
You guys want to know what really pisses me off. My gf loves this game and I love that she plays games (no matter what it is) and EA just has to go a ruin it for her!

Rabble rabble rabble rabble!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. WTF?!?! Sims 4 will not be open world?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived