This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to fix .dll file errors?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to fix .dll file errors?

User Info: Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader
2 years ago#11
SinisterSlay posted...
Grab it and compare the two, check file size, version, etc.

They're different sizes. Replacing the hid.dll file didn't fix the problem. I don't get the hid.dll error popup anymore but the program still won't launch. If I click on the .exe for the mouse driver program, the mouse cursor will change 2 times like it's doing something and then nothing happens. The icon for the driver program shows up in the icon bar but if I roll my cursor over it, the icon disappears. Funny enough a few other people seem to be having the same problem with this program: http://www.gearhack.com/Forums/DisplayComments.php?file=Computer/Games/Razer_Synapse_2.0_Won.t_Launch

dunkis posted...
While I don't know if it'll fix your error, seeing how you ran SFC /scannow with trouble, let me just suggest you enter this command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Didn't work. I get a message saying that the /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth option is unknown.
Live long and prosper.

Lord_Vader
2 years ago#12
bump. Gonna give up on this since nothing seems to be working.
Live long and prosper.

Lord_Vader
2 years ago#13
Hmm it seems that there are other .dll files that are corrupted. I haven't been able to use google chrome for a while. Whenever I click on the application, the mouse cursor will load for a few seconds but the window pops up. It seems that it's due to a .dll file because the debug file says this:

[0703/171506:ERROR:client_util.cc(259)] Failed to load Chrome DLL from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\35.0.1916.153\chrome.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Live long and prosper.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to fix .dll file errors?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived