This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best headphones around $30? With detachable cord?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best headphones around $30? With detachable cord?

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 years ago#1
I've had the JVC HAS-400B for about a year now. They were excellent. Great sound, build quality, they looked nice etc. but now the right speaker doesn't work because the cord has messed up.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS400B-Nanotube-Headband-Headphones/dp/B008P8EXRU

Does anyone have any suggestions for around this price range of headphones? A detachable cord is preferable so that if it messes up I can just replace the cord and not the whole thing

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#2
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2

Comes with two cords which are one for MP3 players and one long nice quality one for the computer, can push a lot of volume without any signs of distortion (of course, I don't turn the volume up to painful levels), exceptionally impressive bass through my headphone amp.

Cons are: Build quality isn't the best, but for 20~$ I think it's more than acceptable. The ear cuffs can be somewhat uncomfortable over long periods of time, I usually use these for one to two hour listening sessions while out on walks/laying in bed reading and not at the PC because of this. In this terribly hot summer weather (70+F) my ears sweat too much while wearing them, so I usually only wear them on overcast days or as earmuffs throughout the more favorable cold seasons.

Edit: I am a bit of a bass lover, so I do use a EQ that ups the bass in the 100hz and lower range about 16Db, works wonders for artists like The Prodigy and Pendulum.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 years ago#3
I was thinking of those but I heard that they are uncomfortable to wear. Plus I don't like they way they look compared to my old ones

User Info: TheNazzaro

TheNazzaro
3 years ago#4
For $30 you can't have it all. The pair above look pretty great for the price, which is dirt cheap. I personally wouldn't spend less than $150 on headphones :/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro

User Info: Nu_Titan

Nu_Titan
3 years ago#5
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
I was thinking of those but I heard that they are uncomfortable to wear. Plus I don't like they way they look compared to my old ones

I have the Monoprice headphones and they sound very good for the price, but yes they are pretty uncomfortable for wearing long periods (unless you change the pads or something). I use Koss Portapros that I got on sale at Amazon for $25 quite a lot (I think they are $40 now though).

I also have the Astro A50 headset (I got a great deal) and Sennheiser HD 598 that are my main headphones.

edit: I heard these headphone are the same as the Monoprice but re-branded and they are much more comfortable to wear. You may want to research them more to make sure, if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Head-Trip-Nxg-NX-HTDJ-Headband-Headphones-Black/131209678907

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#6
I have the monoprice ones mentioned above. Great for the price but that's not saying a whole lot, you might get something comparable elsewhere but I doubt you'll beat them. I've never worn them all day or anything but for a few hours at a time comfort is fine and I have a ginormous head (4XL).
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 years ago#7
You're looking to pay $30. Even the "best" in that price range isn't going to be very good. Just pick something and go with it.

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
3 years ago#8
GoIrish80 posted...
You're looking to pay $30. Even the "best" in that price range isn't going to be very good. Just pick something and go with it.

sadly i have to agree with this, i'd look into saving just a bit more and going for the $50-70 range if you can, you can get into some semi decent headphones at the price
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
(message deleted)

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#10
Maybe this then? http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best headphones around $30? With detachable cord?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived